Thursday, February 21, 2013

smile.

Something about today was just off.  Maybe the gloomy weather.  Maybe the alarm going off during the wrong part of my sleep cycle.  Hormones?  Who knows?  It was just one of those days when I wished I could just crawl back under the rumpled bed covers and let the world spin on without me.

But, I had those sweet babies hugging my knees and looking forward to the magical possibilities they believed today would hold.  I had no choice.  I had to get up and be mom...And I had to smile.



No matter how I grumbled and fussed around this morning, Kensie followed me around like a puppy, kissed me, laughed at me, made me smile.  I wondered out loud how and why she would want to love on me so much when I was feeling so unloveable...Cami said "Because she knows she makes you happy." 

I so hope that's true.  I so hope those babies, all 9 of them, know they make me happy.  Every day.  I will smile when I am happy.  I will smile when I want them to think I'm happy.  I will smile because I want them to be happy.  When in doubt, smile.  Love.  And smile.